- Project page
- Development Guide
Nicotb aims to provide a tiny but extensible framework for Python-Verilog co-simulation through VPI which:
- Maximize the use of existing popular libraries,
- Unify and simplify the interface between Python & Verilog.
I use Nicotb in my own project(s), and it's enough for simulating a DNN (CNN) accelerator and connecting with a DRAM simulator. However, this project still has many TODOs:
- More complete runtime error checking and more verbose message,
- more abundant event schedule and sync primitives,
- support for more protocols and more examples and
- check on more platforms.
If you are looking at a developed Python co-simulation framework, please Google Cocotb, and I also make a comparison here.